Dr Joyce Samoutou-Wong Awarded 2020 Compassion Award
We are honoured that our co-founder Dr Joyce Samoutou-Wong has won the prestigious Compassion Award. In its 15th year, the award established by the Hong Kong Taiwanese & Macao Charity Fund commends individuals who model kindness and compassion for society.
Eight winners were announced for this year, including Hong Kong’s Dr Joyce Samoutou-Wong and Tan Siu-lin; Taiwan’s Master Hsing Yun, Father Giuseppe Didone (Lu Ruose), and Shen Wenzhen; mainland China’s Lu Mai and Liu Haiying; and Tina Bow in the US. They have demonstrated outstanding leadership and dedication to philanthropy. Each has received a prize of 150,000 US dollars. Dr Samoutou-Wong has expressed her wish to dedicate the generous prize entirely to the construction of the Ouesso Hospital in the Republic of Congo.
A grand awards ceremony is scheduled to be held in Hong Kong in mid-December, organised and produced by Phoenix Satellite TV, Taiwan Modern Finance Foundation and Beijing East-West Charity Forum. The award announcement has already been covered in various media outlets, some of which are listed in the following.
- AM730 第15屆‧2020「愛心獎」 8位得獎人揭曉 (Eight Awardees of 15th Compassion Awards Announced)
- 台灣經濟日報 (Taiwan Economic Times) 2020愛心獎 八位得獎人揭曉 (Eight Awardees of 2020 Compassion Awards Announced)
- 公益時報今日頭條 (Charity Times – Today’s Headlines) 第15屆-2020“愛心獎”8位得獎人揭曉 內地盧邁、劉海鷹入選獲頒15萬美元 (Eight Awardees of 2020 Compassion Awards Announced – China’s Lu Mai and Liu Haiying Awarded 150,000 USD)
- 鳳凰微博 (Phoenix Television Weibo Channel) 八位得獎人，共同的夢想，他們用行動詮釋”愛無國界” (Eight Awardees with the Same Dream, Putting “Compassion Without Borders” in Action)
- 愛心獎 Compassion Award Facebook post on Dr Joyce Samoutou-Wong