To cultivate a culture where students SEE:
S – SEE the needs of the world
E – EXERCISE what is already in their hands to make a difference
E – EQUIP themselves to make an even bigger difference
How does this work?
Step 1: Use your clever, awesome brain to think of a brilliant fundraising idea
Step 2: Speak to your parents about it
Step 3: Have fun raising funds until you reach HKD$1,000 which equates to one cataract operation
Step 4: Ask your parents to help you donate online.
Step 5: Take a picture or a little video about what you did and how good you feel about it, and let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 6: Tell a friend and share it on Facebook/Instagram #twofrontteethchallenge @newsightcongo
What can I do?
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Ask your friends and family to donate to New Sight rather than give birthday presents
- Donate your pocket money / Chinese New Year red packet money
- Have a bake sale
- Arrange an activity for your friends, like having a picnic and charging people a fee to join, then donate the fees to New Sight
- Make Christmas cards to sell
- Set up a restaurant in your home for a night, invite people to dine and bring a free-will donation
The list is endless!
What can a HKD$1,000 do?
HKD1,000 can pay for one cataract operation to restore sight to the patient and transform their lives and their family’s lives. See www.newsightcongo.com/patientstories to see how lives are transformed.
New Sight Ouesso Project
Help us fundraise for the next chapter of New Sight, the building of an Eye Hospital in Ouesso, in the northern part of the Republic of Congo. Find out more about our project at https://www.newsightcongo.com/ouesso-eye-hospital-project/.