Get kids involved! Project Two Front Teeth is all about kids seeing the needs of the world and acting on their ideas to fundraise.
To cultivate a culture where students SEE:
S – SEE the needs of the world
E – EXERCISE what is already in their hands to make a difference
E – EQUIP themselves to make an even bigger difference
How does this work?
Step 1: Use your clever, awesome brain to think of a brilliant fundraising idea
Step 2: Speak to your parents about it
Step 3: Have fun raising funds until you reach HKD$1,000 which equates to one cataract operation
Step 4: Ask your parents to help you donate online.
Step 5: Ask your parents to help make a YouTube video or Facebook video about a) the activity you did, b) say something to the patients you are helping through New Sight, and c) ask the kids in Congo one question
Step 6: Send us your video link to email@example.com (Parents: in sending the link, you are granting us the right to link to the video and include it into New Sight’s promotional content)
Step 7: Tell a friend and share it on Facebook/Instagram #twofrontteethchallenge @newsightcongo
Step 8: If you want to send a photo or graphic, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What can I do?
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Ask your friends and family to donate to New Sight rather than give birthday presents
- Donate your pocket money / Chinese New Year red packet money
- Have a bake sale
- Arrange an activity for your friends, like having a picnic and charging people a fee to join, then donate the fees to New Sight
- Make Christmas cards to sell
- Set up a restaurant in your home for a night, invite people to dine and bring a free-will donation
The list is endless!
Joyce’s TEDx talk on the vision
Watch Joyce Samoutou-Wong’s talk on how parents, educators and the community can support and empower children to impact social change in the world:
“How children can lead social impact” at TEDxTinHau, November 2018